At Hawley, we want every child and every family in our school community to feel welcomed, valued and involved. We have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and of their attitudes to learning. We provide an environment in which children feel secure and are therefore able to thrive, develop self-confidence and take responsibility for their own actions.
We recognise that a close partnership with parents is essential in order to create a happy and orderly school community.
We know that consistency across the school, from all members of the school community is essential to ensure good discipline and good behaviour and that these factors are essential for effective teaching and learning to take place.
- To encourage children to manage their own behaviour and to take responsibility for their actions.
- To ensure that children learn to value each other and to respect peoples’ differences.
- To provide an engaging and exciting curriculum that will ensure that pupils are motivated and engaged in their learning.
- To maintain order in the classroom and in the playground so that everyone can thrive in a positive environment.
- To treat children fairly and politely, modelling our expectations of good behaviour.
- To identify all forms of bullying and to act swiftly and appropriately.
- To create a happy, friendly community where pupils, staff, parents and governors work together to improve all aspects of school life.