The provider of lunches at Hawley is Caterlink. Healthy and nutritious meals are prepared and served with ethically sourced meat and fish, and locally and regionally sourced fruit and vegetables. All meals are freshly cooked daily, by our school cook, who is skilled in catering for a range of dietary needs.
The government currently funds Universal Free Infant School Meals for pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. For all other children the daily charge is £2.24. Free School Meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment and support Allowance (Income-Related)
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, but not Working Tax Credit (and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190). If receiving Working Tax Credit and NO other qualifying benefit other than Child Tax Credit you will NOT be eligible for Free School Meals
Click below to go directly to ParentPay to pay for school meals.
In April 2017, Hawley became one of Caterlink’s ‘adopted schools’. This scheme enables the school to work closely with a member of the company’s catering team who makes regular visit to the school. ‘Chef Jamie’ visits every half term. He leads assemblies and workshops, speaks to the children about food, nutrition, and making healthy choices and he also cooks with them.