Hawley is a very popular, over-subscribed school. We are a single form entry (30 places per year group) school. Since we moved to our new location in 2016 we have gradually expanded from being and infant school to becoming an all through primary school. In September 2019 we completed our expansion with our first Year 6 class.
Applications to Reception
When applying for a Reception place at Hawley, all applications must be made online, directly to the Camden Admissions department. Click the link below to apply on the E-Admissions website.
The closing date for Reception applications for September 2024 is 15th January 2024.
Offers of places in the Reception class are made in the April preceding the autumn start date.
Applications to Nursery
We have a Nursery class, which has 26 full-time places. Changes to the way in which Nursery education is funded both at Local Authority level and by the Government, will impact on how full-time places are allocated. This could result in our school offering part-time as well as full-time places. In any event, at Hawley, we are fully committed to providing an inclusive and well-resourced early learning environment to as many pupils as are eligible for places in our Nursery.
Nursery application must be made directly to the school, where we strictly adhere to Camden’s admissions criteria.
It is important to note that a place in our Nursery does not guarantee a Reception place in the school.
The closing date for nursery applications for September 2024 is 1st March 2024.
Offers of places in the Nursery class are made in the April preceding the autumn start date.
Nursery Application Form: https://forms.gle/mhTaDr8VC8UrzAqF6
Upcoming School Tour Dates:
We welcome visits prior to applications. For further details, please contact the school email@example.com or 0207 485 5020
We are located in the London Borough of Camden and the school population is generally drawn from the local community of Camden Town and Kentish Town. We are a community primary school and as such our admissions criteria for Reception are that places will be offered to children on a full-time basis. In the event of over-subscription, places will be offered in descending order to:
- Looked-after children (children in public care) or a child who was previously looked-after but immediately after being looked-after became subject to an adoption, child arrangement or special guardianship order.
- Children with a sibling (brother or sister) at the same school who will still be on roll when they join.
- Children whom the Council accepts have an exceptional medical or social need for a place at the school.
- Children whose parent has been a qualified teacher working at the relevant school for two years or more at the time of application and / or children of a qualified teacher at the relevant school who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a skill shortage.
- Other children, with priority given to those living closest to the school measured ‘as the crow flies’ measured from the home address to the centre of the school.
There is no fixed catchment area as the places allocated on the final criteria depend on the places allocated in the preceding criteria.